Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Homeward Bound

Can't believe it, I'm going home!!! 

The next morning I got up and showered, packed, and checked out of the hotel. I purposely gave myself LOTS of time knowing that Charles de Gaulle was a nightmare the last time I was there, so I didn't have to rush. I got in line, checked in, and played Sudoku at my gate while I waited for boarding. I got a packet of sour gummy worms since I didn't see a cafe and I only had about 3 Euro left, so imagine how angry I was when I saw a cafe right in front of my gate and I was stuck with the stupid gummy worms! Oh well. 

The flight was good, a lot of turbulence, but I wasn't scared because I was watching movies! And, they totally fed us (thank God) so I was happy. When I got into Montreal, I only had about 2 hours to pick up my bags, get through Canadian customs, get through US customs, drop off my checked-in luggage again, and get to my gate. Thankfully everything went smoothly and I had time to catch my breath before getting on the plane. Oh, and I saw the airport people physically put my bag into the plane, so I could rest easy on no lost luggage for me!! Unfortunately for me, I was starving at this point and exhausted, since on Paris time I should have been in bed. There was no food on this flight so I downed two cups of coffee in the hopes that I could stay awake till I got home and go to bed on US time. It worked, though I was mildly nauseated... 

It wasn't until I landed in SFO that I realized it might be hard getting in touch with my Mom and Sam as to where they were going to pick me up, so I borrowed someone's cell phone and they said they were on their way. I guess the latest airport information was incorrect, since they thought I was getting in much later than I actually did. But even though I had to wait for a little, it didn't phase me because I was HOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment