Wednesday, January 27, 2010

90 Minutes of Complete and Utter Bliss

Thank you #90 for your incredibly nimble and soft hands that massaged my whole body for 90 minutes yesterday.

Oh my GODDDDD it was amazingggggg. I can't even begin to describe!

You know how people always tell you, "You have to go get a massage, it feels SO good!" and you think, "yeah sure, but how good can it feel when you know you're paying them an arm and a leg for a stupid massage." Well, let me tell you, I am now a believer.

As a Christmast gift, a friend of mine bought me and my two girlfriends 90-minute massages at this beautiful and expensive massage parlor called Sakura in Taipei, and we finally got around to using them last night! I can't imagine a better time to use it, since my body has been feeling a little beat up lately.

Anyway, we go in, and the ladies all ask us to please take a seat, and they bring out hot towels for us to wipe our hands and faces and necks... oh my god, I'm getting shivers just thinking about those amazing hot towels...

Then one of the ladies escorts us into our room, where we see three massage beds, each with a set of massage clothes and slippers! She takes our drink order (fresh-squeezed juice, or hot tea?) and then we quickly change into our massage outfits and turn on the flat-screen tvs!

The masseuses (sp?) come in, and they're totally not what I expected... I don't know, call me a sucker for stereotypes but I kind of assumed they'd be like younger girls, instead they were really normal looking older ladies! Shocker.

The whole thing was just absolute HEAVEN. She put hot towels on my back and legs, and massaged my whole body: back, arms, legs, head, neck, even butt! (The most awkward part was when she was pulling down my pants in the beginning.. I was thinking "God.. I wonder how far she's going to pull these down...")

There were some times when I really wanted to laugh, since I'm so ticklish, and others when I kind of wanted to cry, because it hurt so bad, but after a while, she said "Ok, time's almost up.." and I kind of cried a little inside.

Bottom line: I'm completely addicted... now I just have to find a job so I can enjoy these awesome massages more often!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL, sounds almost like my first body treatment experience. Holding in the laughter was pretty rough, and I bet she could tell I was about to laugh anyway cuz of my twitching and tensing up.

    At least I stayed awake for the experience... unlike my brother who naturally just conked out for the entire hour when he had his. =D

    ReplyDelete