Sunday, February 14, 2010

HOT SPRINGSSSS :)

First day of the new (lunar) year (HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!) and I wake my butt up at freaking 9 AM after a day (yes, not just one meal) of feasting the night before... what a miracle.

Now, under normal circumstances, I'm sure you all know there are few things I would force myself out of bed at 9 AM for, especially during vacation.. but the invitation to a free hot springs session sounded like a good enough reason for me! :)

Soaking in the hot springs is apparently a very popular pasttime here in Taiwan! I guess it's good for your body, and good for your skin? Anyway, my family invited me to join them and I mean, a) I couldn't come up with a good excuse for why I'd be busy on a Sunday morning at 9 AM and b) hot springs, why not, right?

So anyway, they pick me up this morning and we drive up into the mountains on the outskirts of Taipei in a place called Wulai, and the weather was beautiful: clear blue skies, lots of green on the mountains, wide rivers... almost like back home except more tropical.

The place we went to was called Spring Park Spa & Resort, it was suuuuuper nice! I went into the public hot springs... and er, yes it was nude. But I mean, hey, whatever, we're all girls right! haha So it was really awesome: there were five pools: one freezing, one cool, one warm, one hot, and one hot outside right by the river! It was so pretty!

There was also a sauna, a steam room, shower facilities, a "resting" area where you can get massages and facials, they even had really nice face and hair products! For $30US you can pretty much stay in there as long as you want (the only thing is you can only go in and come out once... so if you get hungry tough luck.)!

Mm, in summary, it was super fun and I definitely hope to be going back sometime soon! :) A new Taiwan experience with good results, love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment