Even though I had so much fun at the beach today, it was still so different from our beaches in California! First of all, Santa Cruz is like a 30-minute drive from my house, and here it took me 45 minutes on the MRT (Metro) and another 45 on a bus to get to the beach! What a tiresome journey! There were lots of beached logs on shore, and some garbage, too, which was disappointing. But even though it still doesn't compare to my beloved California, it was much better than expected. The water and the beach in general was cleaner than I expected! I can't wait to go back to enjoy fresh, sea air again sometime soon! :)
Sunday, September 20, 2009
I Miss You, beaches of California...
Today I went to a beach near DanShui (pronounced "dan shuay"), about 2 hrs north of Taipei. It was so nice to get out of the city and see the water, and be around fresh, clean air!!! The beach was beautiful, and there was a small crowd, but funnily enough, most people were clothed (because you know how much we Asians HATE tanned/dark skin, it's all about the white here)! It was a perfect day to go to the beach because it was sunny but a little windy so it wasn't too hot. The water here is the perfect temperature, though the waves were a little big for my liking, since I just like to float around in calm, still(er) water, so I only went in about butt-deep. haha

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment