Sunday, September 6, 2009

Some Semblance of Normalcy?

For everyone who's been wondering how I'm doing, don't worry :) I'm doing fine here in Taipei!

Classes started for me last Thursday, so from here on out I'll be going to class every day from 10:20 am - 1:10 pm. Kinda like SC, except, well, everything's in Chinese! haha this is my GRAND PLAN for daily life:

9:30- wake up
10:00- out the door
10:05- on the bus
10:20-1:10- class
1:10-grab a quick bite
1:30-library/hw
2:30- gym
3:30- home/shower
4:30- go out and play with friends! :)

however... I am extremely lazy so we'll see if my life goes according to plan... which it rarely does!

For those of you who have been worrying, do not despair, I have found some friends! Haha ah, thank goodness. I was getting cabin fever sitting in my apartment all by myself all day every day, and yes, that is the sad, sad truth. There are students here from all over, but I'm mostly making friends with people who are like me: can speak and understand, but not read or write. So mostly Asian kids from the states... aka California. Haha

I'm hoping to get acquainted with the city while I'm here: doing all the touristy things as well! I went to the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall yesterday, took some pictures (it was actually quite boring...) felt nice to be a tourist again! :) There's also a zoo, which I'm extremely excited about!! I'll finally get to see a panda!! :)

I've been watching Chinese television, and listening to Chinese music on MTV Asia, haha, which, although embarrassing, is helping me quite a lot! The class I'll be in is an intensive course, so we're moving fairly quickly through the textbook, which is great! I'm excited about the challenge, even though I know it will be more work than I'd like at certain times.

Life here is really great so far, apart from missing all my friends and family and everyone back home. It's exciting to see and experience new things everyday, and even living on my own is better than I thought it would be, but sometimes I just long for the familiarity of home, and coming home to an empty apartment is something I'm just not used to yet!

That's all for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment