Friday, June 12, 2009

Against All Odds

Today I braved the horrors of public transportation and put myself on a 3-hour journey to and from the beautiful city of San Francisco. Now, having safely arrived home, I can proudly say I am a survivor of public transportation! 

Well, barely.

As you may or may not know, I typically am not a big fan of public transit. The few experiences I've had with public transportation have, quite frankly, left me scarred with terrifying memories of dirty and drugged (I'm convinced) homeless people harassing me for money, suspicious-looking men giving me the eye, and gum stuck to every possible hard surface. Busses are the worst.

Anyway, I decided to save some gas money, and mileage on Sexy Lexy (she now has over 130,000 miles! Poor gal!) and take the Caltrain & BART into the city. I mean, I just graduated college, I was pretty sure I could handle a small thing like this. Getting the right ticket, getting on the right train, getting off at the right stop--a breeze, right?

Apparently not. Not only did I miss the very first train for the first leg of my journey, but I managed to miss the second train by even less time (about hm, 30 seconds?) and then miss my stop. 

Jess 0, Public Transit 3. 

Oh well, nothing lunch with good friends, a big glass of wine, and some retail therapy can't fix right? And that's just what I did.

Against all odds, I learned some valuable lessons today: 
1. Be on time for public transit. They are always on time.
2. When at first you fail, try again. If you fail again, look for a place that sells wine.
3. Friendship is always worth the effort, even if that means taking public transportation.


for PRoe, Reezy & Steph--had SO much fun with you guys today!! can't wait for next time! ;) Love you gals!

3 comments:

  1. if i can't talk to you from my bed...i guess i'll just have to read your blog while im sitting at work. loooveee it! and love you! hopefully see you as soon as possible!!! -magz

    ReplyDelete
  2. im loving this blog... i miss ya...love this and i totally concur with number 3!!!
    xoxo
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you had a blog Jess, my goal for today at work= read EVERYTHING! I'll keep you posted with my progress...check for comments. And ps. that day in SF=SO FUNNNNN

    ReplyDelete