Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Me? A Blogger? Who Woulda Thunk...

Ok, so it doesn't exactly have the same ring as  "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" but that wouldn't have been accurate at all. Having just graduated college, I am most definitely neither rich (haha! laughable.) nor famous (I think it's fair to say I'm pretty unknown). No, "Recently Graduated and Unemployed" is far better--or at least far more appropriate--a title, I think.

My first blog! My sister Sam merely laughed when I told her I was making a blog. See she knows me, and therefore knows that I'm probably the least tech-savvy person, and the least likely to make a blog out of all the people she knows... which is actually quite a lot of people for a 16-year-old. She's right: up till now I have had nothing to do with technology (other than my trusty Blackerry and the important--aka basic--functions of my MacBook: e-mail, iTunes, Facebook...), and that's been by choice! 

But seeing as how this next chapter of my life will take place all over the globe, and all the people I love and care about will no longer be a text or a 5-minute walk away, I figure it's time to key into the twenty-first century and submit myself to the life of a blogger. According to Mom, "it's the thing these days," and she insists she knows a lot about "these days." Sam and I are less inclined to believe her.

In any case, my brilliant idea to start blogging is officially taking form. With any luck, my blog will be much more clever and funny than I really am in real life, which hopefully will be a pretty good read if you're bored at work, or avoiding your own life and wondering what J$ is up to these days. :)

So, cheers to (hopefully) becoming a little more technologically savvy and joining the rest of the world in the blogging craze! As Kenny Chesney says, it's 5 o' clock somewhere!

1 comment: